The Foundation’s initiatives include:
All funds donated to the foundation go to:
- Providing Tertiary scholarships to women in Africa – YouMeWe foundation (previously the Ignite Excellence Foundation) along with key members of the community/or university select a woman in financial need who has the desire and ability to fill a social gap where her goal is either to provide economic empowerment to members of society or social activism promoting one of the thirty human rights. The foundation’s goal is to invest in conscious leaders, who have demonstrated leadership in some capacity and who can envision creating a plan that will cause a positive ripple effect to hundreds or thousands.
- How to qualify for scholarships? Prospective recipients need to fill out an extensive application form and be interviewed prior to selection. There are many other criteria considered in the selection process.
- Recipients: As of 2016, YouMeWe foundation (previously the Ignite Excellence Foundation) has funded 26 girls through higher education. Some Scholarship recipients
Investing in a woman’s education in Africa is the best opportunity to mobilize the community, country and continent.
Previously funded initiatives:
- Improving literacy in Canada
Other initiatives supporting the vision, but funded by the Suzanne F Stevens and Micheal K Gingerich, founders of the YouMeWe Foundation Fund.
- Educating future leaders – Wisdom Exchange TV, a web-enable platform where women leaders all over Africa share their successes, challenges and strategies for the benefit of other African women to learn, lead and succeed. Being watched in 77 countries, half of which are African.
- Providing leadership training & Inspiration– Suzanne Stevens is the founder of Ignite Excellence a business focusing on leadership and influential communication skills. She has worked with various organizations on five continents to provide her intellectual property in person or through her on-line training (igniteU.ca). Keynote speaking & training
- YouMeWe – Lead tomorrow’s legacy today thru conscious contributions – Suzanne F. Stevens has been inspired by the pioneering African women she has interviewed for Wisdom Exchange TV. She along with her partner (Michael Gingerich) are working with organizations to attract, recruit and inspire multi-generational workfoces by participating in the youmewe movement and incorporating the values associated with it. To find out more visit: www.YouMeWeMovement.com or www.SuzanneFStevens.com
- Book launch Fall 2016: YouMeWe: lead tomorrow’s legacy today: Inspired by African women pioneers. This book is written to help individual lead a more meaningful life by consistently consciously contributing. The book is a combination of African women Pioneers’ stories of how they have impacted their communities and beyond and how to live a purposeful life through contributions.
Donating – Donating will expedite the mobilization of women leaders across the African continent, and have a positive influence on social injustice.